The College of Engineering and Agro-Industrial Technology (CEAT) traces its roots to the former Department of Agricultural Engineering which was created in 1912 as one of the departments of the College of Agriculture. On June 24, 1976, the department became the Institute of Agricultural Engineering and Technology. It was elevated to a College on February 24, 1983. The elevation of the institute to a college gave rise to the establishment of Chemical Engineering Department and creation of Engineering Science Department. In all these years, CEAT pursues the university goals of providing leadership in agro-industrial engineering for countryside development.
It was then the Library was created to be the depository for all the collection of books, theses, serials and other reading materials. Initial collections were donated by the faculty and staff from other departments of the institution. September 2005, the Library transferred from the College of Engineering Building to the new Electrical Engineering Building located along Pili Drive.
The mission of the CEAT Library is to provide the information resources needed for instruction and research by the programs of the College, to enhance users’ understanding and ability to access the literature in their discipline and to develop the ability to engage in life-long learning.
As a leading state university in the country it is the vision of the library to support the institution by providing seemless access to the widest possible spectrum of information resources such as digital, online databases, print and non-print materials relevant to the curricular, informational and innovative research needs of the academic community.
The Library’s collection consists of print, non-print materials and online materials that support the curricular offering of the College of Engineering and Agro-Industrial Technology, masteral and doctoral levels.